The Balanced System™ for Attic Ventilation
Research has shown that the best way to ventilate an attic is with a system that provides continuous airflow along the entire underside of the roof sheathing. Achieving this desired airflow requires a balanced system of intake ventilation low at the roof’s edge and exhaust ventilation at the ridge. This will help fight heat buildup in the summer, moisture buildup in the winter, and help defend against ice dams, all significant problems in the Omaha Nebraska area. Installation by our trained contractors can create considerable savings on your energy bills.
The Edge Vent’s 9 square inches of Net Free Area per linear foot perfectly balances with Air Vent’s ShingleVent II and VenturiVent Plus ridge vents, as well as other exhaust vents. It’s part of The Balanced System™ for Attic Ventilation.
- Roof-top installation eliminates working overhead with soffits, undereaves.
- Roofing contractor has complete control over the intake and the exhaust vents.
- 3/4” low profile helps it blend in with roof.
- Each 4-foot piece has an integrated end plug on both ends to provide a finished appearance and weather protection.
- 9 square inches of Net Free Area per linear foot perfectly balances with ShingleVent® II and VenturiVent Plus™ ridge vents, as well as other exhaust vents.
- Patented internal baffles and drainage system along with an internal weather filter provide 3 levels of weather protection.
- Curved top profile design allows for increased airflow over linear tapered designs.
- Copolymer construction is the same material used in industry-trusted ShingleVent II and VenturiVent Plus.
- Locating tabs on the underside of The Edge Vent assist with positioning the vent over the slot.
- 3/12 to 12/12 roof pitches.
Installation easy as 1,2,3 !
Why Ridge Vents?
Two reasons to always use a ridge vent whenever possible: performance and appearance.
Years of research have proven that AirVent ridge vents combined with sufficient intake vents is the most efficient and effective system you can install. This balanced system of intake and exhaust through the attic provides greater airflow than any other non-powered vent system—and it’s the most attractive system. They blend in nicely with the roofline.
- External baffle enhances airflow and provides weather protection
- Internal weather filter provides a more complete barrier against weather, insects and debris
- 4-foot shingle-over; made of durable, molded high-impact copolymers
- Built-in end plug
- Lifetime limited warranty and 5-year Replacement Plus™ Protection
Variety of Models to Choose From
- ShingleVent II is 12" wide for conventional shingle-over applications.
- ShingleVent II-9 is 9" wide for enhanced ridge cap shingles, cedar shake or cedar shingle applications.
- ShingleVent II-7 is 7" wide for narrow enhanced ridge cap shingles.
- ShingleVent II-9A and II-7A are both approved for Class A roof decks for 9" and 7" ridge cap shingles.